Grain Elevator and Grain Bin Windsock Kit
This windsock mounting pole and bracket are specifically designed to mount on the hand rails of grain elevators and grain storage bins.
What makes these ideal for farm and grain elevators?
- Anhydrous Ammonia Refilling locations - Often times used at anhydrous ammonia filling location in case of accidental releases, this is an essential part of an emergency evacuation plan.
- Spray Drift Prevention – The first line of defense of a spray drift issue is knowing wind conditions. Set up high, these windsocks give an accurate wind direction that is unaffected by local ground obstacle turbulence.
- On The Farm – Farmers can get a quick eyeshot at the areas prevailing winds in their local area, helping assess livestock burden and factors that help predict dispersion of odors that may affect the surrounding area.
- Larger Grain Elevator Operations - With a quick glance, this simple indicator can give you firsthand knowledge of wind direction for drivers coming in and company personnel. They not only give wind direction, but they also give wind speed. Fully extended, these socks indicate a 15 knot (16 Mile Per Hour) wind speed indication. A 45 degree indicates a 10 knot (11 mile an hour) wind speed indication.
These units come complete with:
• 18” diameter airport quality orange windsock with Double ball bearing extended windsock frame
• 56” mounting pole with versatile rail mount brackets for easy assembly
Airport Windsock Corporation is a major supplier of windsocks to airports throughout the world. Our windsock and windsock frames are American made right here in our facility. The windsocks are made from a domestic nylon and coated with a UV protected urethane for long life. These are in stock and ready for immediate shipment.
Make sure to ask about our custom screen printed windsocks